Tuesday, November 14, 2017

F O R W A R D

Forward.  That is the word that came to me after a compelling dream, I know came from GOD Himself.  I am reminded of the dreams GOD gave Joseph, Daniel, Pharaoh, the cup bearer, the chief baker and oh yes, Nebuchadnezzar, his servant, also the (trance) dream of Peter.  The common thread being that they are from on HIGH, which means there is a meaning behind them.  Not all dreams are from HIMSELF. GOD is talking about something He wants known, accomplished, made aware of, to be done,  His will.  Thy will be done GOD! (Matt.6:10)  So back to this compelling dream of mine.  There I was traveling from one location to another at night.  I had to walk (that is alright with me, I walk by Faith any way)through sand.  Very high and loose sand.  It reminds me of sand box sand, but high.  (rabbit trail: one of the locations I stop along on my bus ride journeys that I take as I go to and fro in daily life, has a huge area where  construction is going on.  They are in the process of putting in sand and I go over and watch them move the sand while waiting for my next bus to arrive. That sand is so high, like a mountain, but soft, one could sink in it)  Well, back to my dream, that is what type of sand it was in my dream.  I was walking  through this high sand moving FORWARD, without any hindrance, except the sand itself was high, but walkable. Although it was at night, the sand itself reflected the night sky, which had no moon, no stars, but not total darkness.  I looked at the sand and saw my way FORWARD. I  could tell it was a large area I had to cover  to get to a location. There were no lights, houses, buildings or anything around my journey, but sand to get through. I felt like if I went FORWARD along I would eventually run into something, some dwelling, business, something, but I must keep going. That I felt compelled to do.  At one point, I thought of turning back, but that seemed wrong, so I kept on. Nothing prevented me from lifting one leg after the other.  The sand was not wet or muddy or as the Bible calls miry,  just sand. I wasn't tired or fearful, just wondering when I would see 'civilization'.  I did see a dump truck parked,  and I thought about sleeping in the back of it (think Toy Story)and then when who ever came to work to drive it would see me, but I kept going FORWARD. I was certain I would see something soon.  Onward and FORWARD I went.  The sand showing me the way through its night reflection.  It looked like a white beach sand at night, no trees, water, nothing illuminating it, or so it seemed. I kept going and going and then I came to the end of this sand and stepped down, probably 3 or 4  feet onto a ground that was quite different in texture and more walkable.  It looked like normal ground, leveled but moist.  I was concerned about getting my white Chuck Taylors I was wearing muddy (lol). I kept going, and soon I saw a building with lights and windows and people inside, lots of people.  I woke up from this dream and began to seek GOD for understanding about the dream. Did you know reader that if you PRAY and ask GOD for wisdom, HE will answer you.  The Bible says so. (James 1:5)  I needed wisdom about this dream, so I did what Scripture says to do, I asked. GOD began to show me what parts of the dream were actually talking to me.  The word FORWARD  stayed in my thinking, so I looked at the dream again, in light of the word FORWARD.  GOD said: "look at what is trying to hinder your walk, (high sand), a different way. Yes, it is high, but you can still maneuver through it. Look at how it is actually HELPING you, with the reflection of it and the ease of your travel through it. Your feet were not stopped, unless YOU stopped them, the sand, though high and much, isn't stopping you. Yes it was high sand, higher than normal ground, but doable. Lit up, which showed the way FORWARD,  and in its own way, a compass.  The opposite: it could have been pitch black, with no way of seeing where the next step would take me or how far the way was. You could have sunk inside the sand. I'm saying it could have been worse than what was".  There was a time in Scripture when Jacob left a place due to the drama his sons caused because their sister Dinah was abused by a prince in the land they dwelled in. Brothers being protective decided to avenge her mistreatment and they burned the entire place down and killed the men there.  Jacob and family (the 12 tribes)left and went on the run to a place GOD once spoke to him at. What is interesting is what GOD told Jacob. He renamed him Israel, and restated the Blessing of Abraham (his grand father) to him.  GOD said, -in todays lingo-, move FORWARD,  I have a plan for you and the 12 tribes. (Gen. 35:1-15) FORWARD. Sometime afterward, Moses, the leader and the servant GOD used to deliver the children of Israel from Egypt, died.  GOD told Joshua, to Arise and go FORWARD over the Jordan with all my people to the land I will give them. After 30 days of mourning, it was time to move FORWARD. (Josh.1:2)  Many times in Scripture when moving FORWARD, it usually happened after an event, crisis, problem, some issue or something out of no where rose up.  GOD's plan is always move FORWARD.  The lepers even said, "Why sit here lest we die..." (2Kings 7:3) They knew moving FORWARD would cause something different to happen for them. GOD is reminding me that FORWARD means progress to some degree. It may or may not be by "leaps or bounds" but its all good when GOD says FORWARD. His plans, thoughts and ways are always higher than our own and good. Isaiah 55:8,9.   Jesus is LORD!!   AMEN.        Genesis 37, 40, 41, Acts 10:9 Daniel 2, 4, 7,  2Kings7, Psalm 17.        

No comments:

Post a Comment