Saturday, January 2, 2010

How He Loves Me

It only takes a few seconds, maybe a minute, after hearing something that can change things, to realize that God loves me, have no fear. I really did have to let that sink in for a while before I began to talk back to myself and say that your Father in Heaven loves you and He has promises in His Word that are for you. Fear tried to get it's grip around me, and there wasn't another person around me at the time that could speak faith into me, or pray with me, so I had to be my own minister of faith. Sometimes we have to do that when our man or woman of God, pastor, faith-prayer partner, or whoever is unavailable. That is where I found myself recently. I had just heard something that will change a very comfortable, settled, peaceful situation into a different situation that could throw things way off. I did cry a bit cause I guess for no other reason than I am a girl and at times we cry over things, I guess. Then as the day continued on I began to hear the Word come up in my spiritman and out of my mouth, things such as "fear not", "I will never leave you or forsake you, " all things work together for the good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose," " Have faith in God", "trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thy own understanding". Great is His Mercy towards me. These words came out of me like a river that flows continueously. I could hear God saying to me "Look at all that I have brought you through, I shall not leave you". I decided to attack this situation with the Word of God. That is my weapon of choice, the Sword of the Spirit. I will need to trust God in this circumstance more than I have ever before . So I started thinking about How much He loves me. His Word tells me that He commanded His love towards me while I was still a sinner, by sending Christ to die for me. I trust you Lord! His Word speaks to my heart telling me that nothing can ever seperate His love from me. I trust you Lord! The Living Scriptures say loudly that God's Mercy endures forever and that His Grace is for eternity. I trust you Lord! His love never ends, it is patient and kind and bears all things and believes all things. As I walk through valleys, He promised to never leave me, that He will comfort me. He is my Rock, the fortress I will run into and take shelter in as this storm passes. And it will pass. Job said to God "I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted." (Job 42:2 nlt). So as one of my favorite singers ( Donnie McClurkin) says in his song about trusting God : In the labirinth of my heart, I will trust God, come what may. For me there is no alternative at all cause I made a choice many years ago to walk by faith and that means in the difficult times as well. It is easy to walk by faith when all is well. For this challenge I may stay on my knees longer, I might cry again (the girl thing), I WILL be talking this over with God again and again and asking what do I do next Lord? (cause I don't have the answer, but He does) and whatever else my heart tries to attempt. But I will trust God in all this cause I know How He Loves Me!!! Romans 5:8.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post and yes, there are many times, most times, that we must minister to our selves but we are never alone. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Kwana introduced you to us today! I clicked over here and your post title jumped off the page at me! Affirmation of a moment of family worship yesterday over my little kitchen sink. Yes. God loves us. We may never know how much!

    I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your encouraging post and for the reminder that we can trust the One who loved us enough to give us His Son, no matter what we face! Have a very blessed week!

    ReplyDelete