Thursday, January 21, 2010

THE PURSUIT

Remember back in the day and even now those car chases in which the suspect is running from the police and law enforcement  in hopes of getting away with whatever he /she is accused of doing. Television people have made shows out of these chases that keep viewers tuned in causing ratings to be so high that their popularity  made many of them #1 shows. I use to like to watch World's wildest Police chases. Remember that one? Then of course Cops was always good for a chase or two each show. How about the all out live T.V. helicopter pursuit as the ground police chased along the interstate/ highway/freeway. We could watch as the hot pursuit was broadcast on live news. Didn't they all end the same? The suspect usually got caught and/or surrendered or his tires were shredded or he ran out of gas or something along those lines. Rarely did the suspect ever get away. I began to have a talk  with our Heavenly Father about this word Pursuit. Can you believe these shows came into the mix, as He lovingly tells me that at times He chases us and at other times we chase Him. His love for us causes Him to run after us  as we  wonder away from Him. His will is for not one to perish  and live in darkness but come into the marvelous light .The Scriptures tell us that Jesus  left the 99 sheep and went after that 1 that wondered away from Him and lovingly brought it back. At some point in my life, that was probably me who wondered away and  He came for. Thank you Jesus! That must be one of the many instances when He chases after us, unwilling that any should fall away. Our Pursuit comes as we seek The Kingdom Of God, through loving Him with all of our heart, mind, soul and body, as Jesus commanded. That means He is first, all else will be ordered by His Leading as we yield to His Will. Many things will try to hinder our Pursuit of God, that is why the Love Letter tell us in Hebrews 12: 1... to throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles us,and let us run with perserverance the race marked out for us. Seek out what is the thing in your life that is preventing you from Pursuing God with all of your being. Once I discovered the amazing Love God has for me, I began to really live and I realized that the Light side is clearer than the darkness. When Isaiah 60:1 happened to me, among the many things this Light that is speaking into my heart tells me is that there is a Destiny for me and if I seek Him, or shall I say go into "hot Pursuit" for this intimate relationship with The Creator, there is where I will learn the plan and Destiny He has marked out for me. Jeremiah 29:11-14 tells me about the plans and how Himself will be found by me when I seek(Pursue) Him. He said He would hear me  when I call and that He will answer when I pray. All that can come from Our Loving Heavenly Father when we seek Him with all of our being. I want that. My Desire for Him is so deep. What can I liken it to? Passion!! My human limitations prevent me from adequately describing this intimacy with the Creator of everything. When God is in charge of my life things flow, when I take charge all hell breaks loose. What about you? What things prevent you from being caught by The Chaser?  What things are preventing you from The Pursuit? Seeking Him with all you are. Don't run anymore. You will eventually be caught, cause The Love of God is powerful and it calls for you. Listen. Shhhh. Can you hear Him?  Shhh.  Listen. Quiet yourself.  Shhh.              I love you!   
Revelation 3:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment