Sunday, December 13, 2009

Desire

What a time for me this is. A time to learn what is needed to get the attention of God. I can remember a time past when I was in such a want for something and that anticipation was extraordinary in that it was there and fully so until the time when the thing I anticipated so, was in my grasp. Then it was awesome and thrilling and fulfilling and all that I had been desiring. I had wanted this thing, so much, and for the better part of the day, and then it manifested and the joy!! I experienced such a pleasure and sense of "this is it", that I found myself desiring this thing often. I felt that at that moment, I was created for this thing, because the strength of this pull on my woman- ness was stronger than my own strength. Concentration on anything was difficult and some times I didn't try to concentrate, cause it wasn't happening, the desire was too strong. Here I am in this new time in my life and The Lord has placed this word "desire" again in my spiritman and this time, this awesome word is for Him. We as a people will need to have such a desire for God, that it will truly be hard to concentrate on anything else. It must become deeper than your skin, and unquenchable without His presence overtaking you. This desire for God must take your breath away. It must feel like you can't breathe without Himself indwelling your very corpusles and veins where life-blood flows. Job said in Job 10:12 " Thou hast granted me life and favor, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit".( KJV )This visitation he spoke of was God indwelling him ,and the presence was powerfully overwhelming to him. All during a troubling time for Job. But his desire for God caused God to move in and on Job. That is a deep desire that can't be met any other way than with the presence of Himself only. Desire. Desire. What would happen when the nation desires God with passion and deep intimacy and hunger and thirst for Himself? 2 Chronicles 7: 12-16.

No comments:

Post a Comment