Sunday, December 20, 2009

An Eagle, Angel and a Rainbow Clouddancing

It is so amazing the things you see when you look up. I am an avid sky gazer, if there is such a thing. I am in awe of this huge creation above my head. I remember as a kid in sunday school singing a song that had a verse that went something like this: "Up above my head, I hear music in the air..." It was a powerful rendention of the Majesty of God and His verbal talk to us through His creation. As I gaze into the sky, I can see so much about my Glorious God that created this beauty, who talks to us. Thats right the creation speaks to us and the Bible tells us so. Well this lovely wonder above displays such pictures and illustrations that it takes my breath away. Recently I saw on a particularily cloudy day, there in the sky , the largest eagle, formed from a cloud, I have ever seen. It took up a huge part of the sky I was focused on and yet it was so distinct. I remember commenting to God about the wingspan of this massive sight. My limited vocabulary only allows me to describe it as larger than the 747 jet I once flew on to go out of the country and the c130 my family member would travel on in the military. Both of these pale in comparison to this eagle. It stayed in the sky for a long time and I watched in awe as God allowed my eyes to see such wonder. I felt overwhelmed with joy,gratitude, love to my God . All I could release from my full cup was "How Great Thou Art". It sent me. In this same sky behind my head was a rainbow on one side and an Angel on the other side. Remember that this was a cloudy day, so peeking through the clouds was a touch of sun and there in that small amount of sun was the brightest rainbow. It was unusual because we had not had rain yet and it was days later before the rain came. I always heard that rainbows come after rain and the sun comes back. With all this "skytalk", I began to ask God to reveal to me what it all means. I have been left to figure this out and I have several conclusions since this all happened a while back. I believe the eagle is the loudest talker @ this time in my life. I will say that God will use whatever means needed to call you up and out as He is doing in my life. He is speaking so loud with the places and people He is putting in my path and me in theirs. That I can represent or dare speak for my Lord in my world, the environment He has me in currently, is an honor itself. I will shine this light onto whatever He says exposure is needed. He spoke to shepherds in the field tending their flocks, a mad man on the road to Damascus, a teenager sold into slavery by his family members and a virgin girl ,just to name a few. His voice is ringing out to all who have a willing heart to receive and do. Though unworthy, I accept this call.

No comments:

Post a Comment