Friday, December 11, 2009

Hail to the King

This is amazing that as I go through this time here in this place I can know without a doubt that I am never alone. Things and situations occur that come for one purpose and that is to steal the peace that belong to each of us who have made Jesus the Lord of our lives. Two things: reaction or over reaction which one will one choose when the choice has to be made. React to the crisis with the strength that comes from releasing the crisis to God through prayer and communication with Him or over react to the crisis by in your fleshly might try to put a fix on it thereby leaving it to rear it's head again in the future. God knows we need Him in everything that we are involved with
however He will not act in the situation without being invited in. I sometimes have to repeatedly tell myself this as I try to fix everything. Until I catch myself I will try and then when I think I have fixed the crisis in a few moments,(weeks,days,months)whatever , here comes this same problem again. The thorn in the flesh issue that Paul talks about in 2nd Corinthians12 is one I am very familiar with. I have brought this issue up to God so often in my life that I had started to think once upon a time that God wasn't hearing me. Ever thought that before? Finally He has said to me the same thing He told Paul, well He added a little more for my situation and that is this: I made you this way and the things you are talking to me about are results of the process. How you react to this issue is to be based on how you feel about my presence in your life. It became revelation knowledge to me in that instant when those words from The King hit my heart. I knew that my response to this "thorn" mattered more than the "thorn" itself. What a loving Father we have in Heaven. He is so good to His children and that goodnesss spills out into every area of your life. So again react or over react which one is the right choice to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment